Sunday, April 26, 2015

The earnings I'm looking forward to this week (and why)

As I prepared myself for the upcoming work week making notes of earnings announcements coming up I realize I have a pretty busy week ahead of me. I also decided to share with you guys quickly which earnings I'll be keeping my eyes on and why.

1. Apple (4/27/2015 @ 5:00 pm E.T)


This has to be the company i'm most excited about to hear how they performed this past quarter. According to their investors relations website they'll make us wait until after market closes (5:00 PM E.T) to announce earnings. The torture! Really looking forward to this. I have a feeling the earnings wont be as "exciting" as the last one considering the hype of Iphone 6 sales has died down by now and the new developments such as the brand new iwatch or new MacBooks just recently came out. However, as the rest of the world, I am looking forward to what they have to say in regards to volume orders and sales of these new and "hot" items as well as any new strategic plans for their lesser-revenue items such as the Ipad, etc. This is will a fun way to start (or end) my Monday. 

2. Coach, COH (4/28/15 @ 8:30 am E.T)




Quarter and annual earnings announcements during the past 2-3 years have been a bit of a roller coaster. I'll be specially interested in three things: How the Stewart Weitzman acquisition is doing, the performance of the new collections launched last year, current status of their ongoing plan to transform the company to a lifestyle brand- are we seeing a significant improvement in sales and profit? Reflection in EPS, top and bottom line performance. Keeping an optimistic outlook on coach.

3. Mastercard, MA (4/29/15 @ 9:00 am E.T)


To be quite honest, whether they come up with a amazing or not so amazing quarter is not something I am worried about. This is one of those companies in my portfolio that I consider a core holding and one that's not going anywhere. One of my favorites without a doubt. Lets see what they have to say.

4. Visa, V (4/30/15 @ 5:00 pm E.T)


Another core holding in my portfolio and another favorite. See above.

5. Colgate, CL (4/30/15 @ 11: 00 am E.T)




This is another 'staple' in my portfolio. A consumer goods company that has never let me down with consistent earnings and returns on investments. Not really worried about anything they may have to say this week. I have a feeling they'll bring up foreign exchange issues affecting the bottom line, as the majority of companies with a heavy international presence have announced during these earnings season. However, those kind of issues have nothing to do with the internal performance of the company itself so Im not really putting much worry or emphasis on that. Lets see what they have to say.

BONUS: The final two stocks in my watch list also announce this week:

1. Skyworks Solutions, SWKS (4/30/15 @ 5:00 pm E.T)- Top and bottom line results, strategic plans to remain competitive and relevant, and status of contracts with their main clients.

2. Gilead Sciences, GILD (4/3/15 @ 1:30 pm P.T) - Would like to find out what they plan to do about the high cost of their drugs considering there has been some issues with certain insurance companies refusing to pay for the hepatitis C drugs due to their incredibly high cost for patients. Also, keeping an eye on the performance of their incredibly successful Hep-C and HIV drugs as well as any new developments they may want to share.

And that is all friends.

If you own any of these companies (including the ones on my watch list) would love to hear what YOU will be keeping an eye on. Email me or comment below.

thanks for reading and cheers to profits!

Mabel