Friday, September 19, 2014

Incredible Summer and Whats to Come on the Blog

 
Hey Everyone!

First of all--- thank you for all the emails received from readers asking where I have been and requesting new updates on the blog. My apologies for disappearing for what feels like an eternity. Blogging in this space is something I love to do and a huge passion of mine. This is no excuse but I do have to admit that sometimes life does get busy and things do come up which is why I haven't been able to provide content as much as I would have liked to. Nonetheless, here I am and I promise to make a conscious effort to bring you guys at least two posts per week. This is at a minimum and until I get back on the swing of things again. I am announcing this so you guys can keep me accountable (*feeling kinda' nervous now).

Anyways, as the title of this post indicates, I had quite the amazing summer. I was given the opportunity to spend two months in Alexandria, V.A at the Motley Fool headquarters. To say that my time there was incredible is an understatement. I was invited to work with the investing team where I was able to take investing classes, collaborate with experienced analysts, get real hands on experience on stock analysis- something that increased my previous knowledge tremendously and I feel allowed me to walk away a much better investor, met different people from all across the country and all walks of life and I could go on and on. Most importantly, I was in an environment where people around me love investing as much as I do and are humble and helpful always willing to share knowledge and experiences.  That in itself was priceless. I would definitely recommend this summer program. Check out their website sometime next year to apply if this is something you feel you would enjoy doing.

So anyways, what's coming up on the blog? I have made some slight changes to my portfolio as I sold some stocks so I look forward to sharing post on:

1. My two cents on IPOs or Initial Public Offerings (in the spirit of Alibaba, $BABA)
2. Which stock I sold and Why
3. Which stock I bought and Why
4. Stocks on my Radar-- and Why
5. Investing books I have read recently and my two cents

Also, for some reason I feel earnings season might be approaching again real soon (didn't it just end?!) so obviously I will be bringing updates on what exactly is going on with each and every security in my portfolio.

This is not for certain but I am contemplating the idea of Vlogging as well. Pretty much just quick videos on different investing topics. I feel like online content is gearing more towards videos and I personally prefer videos myself when I am browsing online keeping time in mind of course. No one wants to sit down and watch a movie on a random topic. Would you agree? Anyways, send me an email and let me know if this is something you would enjoy.

Thank you for reading and thank you for the support.

And as always-- wishing you lots of profits! Have a great weekend.

Mabel