Monday, June 2, 2014

Common Habits of Millionaires

Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend! If you know me on a personal level-- you know that one of my passions is reading books, articles, any kind of literature on personal finance. I also enjoy watching TV shows on said topic. This weekend I came across a show on Fox Life (Spanish channel) entitled "Your Finances with Julie Stav". The topic of the show was focused on habits  of people with a millionaire mind. Reminded me of a book I read long ago entitled 'Secrets of a Millionaire mind'.  I love being inspired and considering one of my favorite sayings is "I will be a millionaire one day" I figured why not share what I learn along the way?! 

1. Millionaires spend less than what they make-- Live below their means!!

2. Understand the power of compound interest also known as the "8th world wonder", money takes time to grow.

3. Eliminate all debt monthly-- doesnt carry around credit card debt from month to month

4. Understands that financial freedom is a mental state! If you have a negative mentality of scarcity that is what you will attract. The opposite is also true-- a mentality of abundance and prosperity attracts just that! 

5. Millionaires Can't lay around doing nothing all day-- people with a millionaire mind are always looking for way to nourish their minds either through continuing education or simply seeking others that may know more than them, to learn from them. They also surround themselves with positive people whom are motivated. 

6. Understand they'll make mistakes-- no one is perfect. We all make mistakes and in the process we gather experience which can often times turn in to "golden nuggets of wisdom".

There you have it! What are your thoughts on having a millionaire mind? Do you agree with the above?